Monday, January 11, 2010

Half Marathon Training!!!

I've decided to sign up for a half-marathon that is on March 14th called the Rock and Roll Half Marathon..I'm really excited about it. I've been thinking to myself that I'd like to get into running, because I do enjoy like jogging with my dogs..and since I've done the Breast Cancer 3-Day, and most of my training for that I did at a high incline (10-15% incline), so how hard can it be to start running? After my Mom sent me an email about the half marathon, I knew I wanted to do it, especially since it is benefitting Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

I started my training last night, a day early, because I could not wait!!!

The training schedule that my Mom made me shows Monday-Friday running 30 minutes, Saturday's are the "off" days, and then Sunday's are the long runs. Since I'm a beginner runner, I'm trying to encorporate what my Mom has taught me from the run/walk training that she had done to get herself starting to run. Last night, I ended up mostly running (more like jogging for now at 4.3-4.4mph) for 2 minutes, walking for 1 minute (still at a good speed of 4.0mph), and then back to running for 2 minutes. Ended up doing a little over 1 1/2 miles. I felt GREAT walking home from the gym.

Brian and I ended up going back up to the gym after he got off work, he ran for 3 miles, and I walked at 12% incline, 4mph, for 20 minutes..then ended up leaving early to go get us dinner before Subway closed.

I'm really excited about starting my training for the half marathon! I'll be running 30 minutes tonight when my boyfriend gets home..so we can do it together. :) I'm glad to have him to do this with me, just hope that he'll stick to it ;). The long runs, I'll have a running partner also, my Mom, which I'm so thankful for that. She was a lot of help with my long walks for the 3Day training.

Anyway, I better get off here, and get to work..

No comments:

Post a Comment