Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesdayyyyy :)

It's Wednesday - or "Hump Day" as some people call it! ;) Meaning, it's one day closer to Friday.

I'm surprised I haven't been blogging in a while..what's wrong with me?! LOL. Anyways, since Sunday...I've been pretty much doing same 'ol, same 'ol.

Here's a picture of me and Brayden from Sunday while we were coloring:

I also went to a baby shower (I think I mentioned this already) for our friend's Angela and Greg - I'm trying to get a picture from the baby shower to post as my picture for Sunday for my project.

Monday: after work, I got home and cut up an apple for a snack before my run:

AND I sliced the tip of my finger - with a sharp knife!! It didn't hurt too badly, because it was so quickly, but it was pretty tender - still is a little bit - and bled for a while. I did my 30 minute run afterwords, and after showering it was still bleeding a little bit! Luckily, it finally stopped bleeding..

My run was not too bad, I need to start drinking more water.. That's a goal of mine to start drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day. We'll see how that goes. I think once I start drinking more water, I'll be able to run better. My legs/sides sometimes cramp up during my run, and I'm thinking it's because I'm not drinking enough water. We'll see. The end of my run, the last like two minutes of it I kicked the speed up to 6.0mph to burn some extra calories ;) and to see how I could handle it. It wasn't too bad, at all! I ended up running like 2.8 miles in 30 minutes. I'd like to be able to eventually do 3 miles in 30 minutes, and I'm not too far from that small goal.

Yesterday (Tuesday): Ashlee and I met up at Souper Salad for dinner and we went to Carter BloodCare afterwords to donate blood. We try to donate blood as often as they'll let us, which is like once every eight weeks. For our good deed, of course ;).

My vein wasn't cooperating, and my blood wasn't flowing fast enough, so they tried to adjust the needle a lot to correct it. Instead of getting it to flow better, it ended up bleeding underneath my skin, forming a hematoma. BLAH. Meaning, I have a pretty bruise today. LOL.

Usually, you're supposed to keep this wrap on for 4-6 hours after donating blood. Instead, I kept it on all night and took it off this morning. I'm not sure how much of a difference it made, but the bruise when I looked at it this morning wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

I got a goodie bag of ice packs and heat packs to use last night and heat packs to use today for the bruise:

So that it'll help with any pain and also help with the healing of the bruise. I ended up only using one ice pack, and it really did help, I think, because my arm was hurting afterwords!

After donating blood, Ashlee and I walked over next door to Celebrity Bakery and got one cookie each. We've decided we're going to do that each time we donate blood ;), we deserve it anyway. LOL.

Then, we decided to go to Kroger. I wanted to get some protein bars for me to eat before my runs, and Ashlee said this brand was pretty good. They were on sale for $1 each - which is great!! So I picked up seven different flavors to try out:

I'll try one tonight, before my run.. I just have to decide which one to try ;)

Last night, while babying my arm, I decided to look into the digital version of Project Life:

I'm really interested in doing it, because I've wanted to try out digital scrapbooking. The only thing I'm hesitant about, is the price. The price of the Digital version is $99, but if I pay now I'd save 20%. I wasn't too happy about that, seeing as how the price for the real scrapbook version was like $50ish with shipping. Then, I looked on twopeasinabucket.com, a scrapbooking website, to see what other people have said about this price and I came across a good explanation for why it's more expensive: if you think about the price for printing out all 365 pictures, whether it be $0.12 to $0.15 per picture, that'd be anywhere from $44-$54 for pictures alone. So, it pretty much equals out to be about the same price as the regular version. AND if I pay now, I can save 20% off the total price.. AND (lol) I just got an email from someone saying they'd buy the kit from me that I have now, so that would help with my decision....
For more information on Project Life, visit: www.beckyhiggins.com :)

Tonight, my sister (Ashlee) is having a jewelry party for Lia Sophia. I'm excited about it! I purchased a few things from my friend's (Desiree) jewelry party, so I'm hoping that I can decide on a few other things to purchase. We'll see :)..

I need to hurry up and get off work ;) so I can do my run before the jewelry party. I feel bad for not running yesterday, but I read that you shouldn't exercise after donating blood. So I'll make up for it tonight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment