Friday, January 29, 2010

Thank Goodness for Pain Meds!!!

TMI alert :)

Today, I ended up having to go to my Gynecologist's office for a sonogram for horrible cramps I've been having the last week. I was having them so badly that I was getting nauseous and during lunch today I was having shooting pains through the left side to my back and sometimes like up my side/stomach area.

After taking a pregnancy test this morning, and seeing that it was negative, I was very relieved. Since I have an IUD, if it was positive, then it would've most likely been an ectopic pregnancy. But the cramps were getting worse today, and so I was told to come in to have the sonogram.

During the appointment, I found out my IUD is in the right place (thank goodness), and there wasn't anything wrong - that she could see by the sonogram. However, when she pressed down on my ovaries, they did not move like they should. This could be caused by endometriosis, but they're not 100% sure on that diagnosis since that cannot be detected by sonogram.

I wasn't able to see my doctor today, because he was stuck in surgeries all afternoon, so I will be coming back Monday morning to see him to try and figure out what's going on. They gave me a prescription for Vicodin, since neither ibuprofen or naproxen have helped the pain.

Thank goodness for pain meds!!! I took it about 45 minutes ago, and it's kicked in and I feel great! The pain isn't all the way gone, because I only took one (the directions say 1-2), but this is the best I've felt the past few days!

Now I'm off to cuddle up on the couch, watch TV and sip on my Wildberry Green Tea. This stuff is amazing!


Yay for my New Years Resolution of stopping biting my nails - so far, so good! (Not sure if you can tell in the picture) :)

I better get some rest because tomorrow, I'll be going over to my friend Danielle's house to scrapbook all day/night with my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment